mario added on 2015-08-28 06:26:16:
Autoupdating modules aren't all super reliable.
* There's around 25% failing projects at all times.
* Changelogs/NEWS files get removed/reformatted, thus break.
* Regex/Homepage scans are unreliable by nature.
* The GitHub module is somewhat flaky, and I suspect the crawler gets blocked after a thousand page requests.
Currently there's just a debug log, kept locally on producition server, a summary mailed out.
* We rather should have a more detailed HTTP request log.
* Autoupdate result overviews.
* An easier way to discover failed requests.
* In summary: an accessible/public UI that makes auditing of autoupdates simpler.
* Implement a log or event DB.
* More detailed message backend (currently just CLI/html printouts).