|remove configfile stub|
|mario authored 0 days ago last checkin 6d343a41c ⎘|
|📂 META-INF||Add dialog option for python-translate (deepl_web might be too diffic‹›||2 days ago|
|📂 icons||resized, lighter blue tones‹›||17 days ago|
|📂 off||Reenable cursor/selection mode (Tradutor trigger). Prepare binding to‹›||22 days ago|
|📂 pkg-desc||move license text to pkg-desc/‹›||3 days ago|
|📂 pythonpath||Add cli(), translate_python() providers, basic deepl_api(), and non-w‹›||1 days ago|
|📄 Addons.xcu||Introduce pt_opts handler for settings window‹›||2 days ago|
|📄 Makefile||Introduce pt_opts handler for settings window‹›||2 days ago|
|📄 OptionsDialog.xcu||Remove some logging, fix setLevel on debug mode. Move config dialog i‹›||0 days ago|
|📄 OptionsDialog.xdl||Remove some logging, fix setLevel on debug mode. Move config dialog i‹›||0 days ago|
|📄 OptionsSchema.xcs||Remove some logging, fix setLevel on debug mode. Move config dialog i‹›||0 days ago|
|📄 description.xml||Remove some logging, fix setLevel on debug mode. Move config dialog i‹›||0 days ago|
|📄 pagetranslate.py||Remove some logging, fix setLevel on debug mode. Move config dialog i‹›||0 days ago|
OpenOffice/LibreOffice extension that translationes whole pages.
- Iterates over paragraphs / text segments / and tables (with crude formatting retained)
- Utilizes Google translate (or DeepL, Microsoft Translate, MyMemory).
- And is therefore rather slow.
(Writer freezes during process for long documents!)
- Still allows for text-selection mode translation (from original extension), but does not honor status bar/paragraph language setting for now.
Download the package file, and import it in LibreOffice via Tools --> Extension Manager.
Or from LibreOffice extensions:
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions/pagetranslate (downgrade in progress / currently broken)
- Hit the T→🇬🇧 toolbar button to get entire document translated to English. Have some trust and patience for longer documents.
- The second button 🏴 translates to the local/system language.
- Or select a paragraph, to get a partial translation.
- Alternatively pick a menu entry from Extras > PageTranslate.
- The →System lang entry refers to your OpenOffice/Desktop setting.
- Whereas → Paragraph locale respects the text language as set in the Writer status bar.
- Configure options in Tools→Options→Language Settings→PageTranslate
Does not yet support anything but Writer documents. (Structure is entirely distinct for Draw/Impress).
- The plugin is also likely to crash (won't affect Writer) when encountering complex documents (embedded drawings, Calc sheets, OLE elements, etc). It's only been tested with flow text and text tables.
- Generally there's a log file in /tmp.
Not sure if the toolbar icons work at all, or if that's a bug in the Linux version of LibreOffice.
- For direct content.xml translations, there's a inconvenient tool in off/. (Each office document .odt/.odc is a zip file. Extract the content.xml, apply the script, then repackage the content.xml into the .odc)