File manpage/cookiedough.md from the latest check-in
|% cookiedough(1) cookiedough/cookiecutter||Version 0.1.x|
cookiedough — GUI browser for cookiecutter templates
Shows available project templates for cookiecutter(1) in a GUI browser. Allows to inspect documentation and some contents, and then of course unpack the template.
- Expand one of the categories in the left pane to see available templates.
- Click to see expanded details on right pane.
- The search field is located top left, and allows to filter templates.
- Meanwhile any update happens once you hit ENTER while the search box is selected. (Old mode / instant search is configurable, but slow.)
- You might want to search for common keywords in the description, or
even filenames (
pyproject.toml setup.cfgetc.) to find matching cookiecutters.
- Push the [Roll out] button top right.
- Input any of the default placeholder variables, or update existing sample
strings. You usually want to leave any
- Verify the current working directory, then proceed.
- Yes/No prompts or additional inputs might come up if the template list was outdated.
- WATCH OUT for any prompts in the terminal window you started cookiedough from. Not all click prompts might get captured. And obviously any error messages would gravitate there.
- Apart from opening the URL for a cookietemplate, there is also the →Template→Copy repo URL option. Which allows to combine CD and CLI usage.
- Use →File→Settings to modify some cookiedough UI behaviours.
- Some changes might require a restart.
~/.config/cookiedough/ : Application config files, specifically settings.json. Future versions : might also pack some cookiecutter(1) yaml config file in here. : (Whereas the cache would go into ~/.cache/...).
XDG_CONFIG_HOME : base dir location for app config storage
GITHUB_API_TOKEN : might or might not be used by update functionality