This project hinges on an updated cookiecutters database. Unfortunately that's quite time-consuming. So new templates might not find their way in here - without feedback/submissions from authors.
Not sure if there's enough interest, but this would require either automating the database build, or providing a submission API. Or both.
- There's the dev/ scripts as basis.
- Ideally it would be rewritten to also support BitBucket/GitLab/Launchpad/Sourceforge/etc.
- The lack of common API is a real showstopper though.
- (I don't blame GitHub alone.)
- And obviously there's no library that interfaces with all alike.
- Big hosters also seem to believe everyone appreciates registritis and OAuth tokens.
- Wouldn't be too difficult to bring this into the GUI however. (Though it takes around half an hour to collect project repositories on GH.)
- It might be easiest to query individual projects, and just provide a submission endpoint.
- The fossil repository is SQLite-based, so would allow nearby storage.
- Albeit you would still need a moderation step, rather than automatic updates for the main uidata.json.
- Or possibly just use the fossil ticket or forum feature.
- In which case, you could help out by reviewing/approving tickets.
- If interested, register a repository account here (no email necessary).
- But send me a mail for developer elevation (See LICENSE);
- Read up on fossil usage.
- It's significantly easier than git, and you can't easily break things.
For now: you can send in a full JSON blob per email (see LICENSE), if you want your template be updated or added.