Update of "streamtuner2"
Streamtuner2 is an internet radio browser GUI. It conveniently lists streaming stations from different directory services:
- The MOD Archive
- Reddit Music
- PunkCast (historic)
- UbuntuUsers (station list)
- file browser (local mp3s)
- House Mixes
- Audio playback is left to your preferred audio player: Audacious, Amarok, Exaile, Guayadeque, Decibel, Quod Libet, qmmp, XMMS2.
- Or video players like Totem, Parole, VLC, etc.
- For recording streamripper, youtube-dl, or even wget / curl are used.
- Old homepage http://milki.include-once.org/streamtuner2/ for a summary
- Sourceforge https://sourceforge.net/projects/streamtuner2/ for downloads
- Releases http://freshcode.club/projects/streamtuner2 for announcements
- Current /changelog and /timeline
- Release history /doc/trunk/NEWS or /cat/releases.json
- Help pages, which also exist in the app itself.
- Placeholder syntax for player configuration
- Some plugin writing documentation
- List of Perhaps Asked Questions
- Watch for RecentChanges here in the Wiki
- Python 2.7 or 3.x, while current versions might still run on 2.6 though.
- Gtk2 with PyGtk or Gtk3 with PyGI
- Python-PyQuery with LXML
- Python-Requests after 1.1.0 (package in Quantal doesn't suffice)
- Python-Imaging (PIL or Pillow2)
- An audio player like Audacious or VLC
- And streamripper or fIcy/fPls for actually recording radio stations
- optionally Symbola/Unifont for some UI parts
Btw, if streamtunter2 doesn't fit your music listening habits, check out our list of recommended alternatives.