Update of "windows"
Streamtuner2 also runs under Windows. Starting from 2.2.0 it will be an officially supported platform.
Simplest option to run it is per 0install feed however:
Ought to work for Windows, MacOS, and BSD/Linux systems.
ST2 requires a working Python installation first. That includes Python with Gtk bindings, the requests and pyquery packages.
The available .exe installer is really just a self-extracting ZIP. It'll unpack to Unix-style paths
C:/usr/share/streamtuner2. But is relocatable meanwhile
It includes a neat post-install script since 2.2.0 which will download and setup all required dependencies (Python 2.7 + Gtk2) now. So it's rather convenienct to set up now. You still need to configure your audio player (VLC recommended, but WMplayer works) of course.
With the new .pyz package it's even easier to use ST2 however. So that's now the recommended approach. Simply start it with:
Or rename it to have a .pyzw extension, in case your setup already picks that up.
(Again, you need a working Python+Gtk setup first.)
There are probably modern Python distributions for Windows. No idea. It's definitely not something that should be handled on a per-application basis and with PyInstaller embellishments.
Manual installation of Python 2.7
Oliver found a dependable recommendation for using Python 2 in this discussion about PyGtk and PyGObject: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12981137/gi-repository-windows
It may be outdated, since it's from the year 2012.
- So I built my environment for Windows 7 with the following components: (not sure if it would also run on Windows XP, I remember having read some restrictions about XP). I will also test it on Windows 10 later...
- Install python-2.7.12.msi from https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/ (should be 32-Bit according to README in http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/pygtk/2.24/)
- Install pygtk-all-in-one-2.24.2.win32-py2.7.msi from http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/pygtk/2.24/
- Install requests via "easy_install.exe requests" from the Python scripts path
- Install lxml-2.3.win32-py2.7.exe from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/lxml/2.3
- Install pyquery-1.2.17-py2.py3-none-any.whl from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyquery/1.2.17 via "pip install [Path]pyquery-1.2.17-py2.py3-none-any.whl"
- Install PIL-1.1.7.win32-py2.7.exe from http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/
Manual installation of Python 3.4
Python 3.4 and the newer PyGI (Gtk3) might also work meanwhile.