|support all 4 new Deep-Translate backends, still needs some rework to omit "auto" source language|
|mario authored 0 days ago last checkin 7ad6ace92 ⎘|
|📂 META-INF||Introduce crude help file for config options.‹›||337 days ago|
|📂 dingonyms||added related/subproject: dingonyms‹›||74 days ago|
|📂 help||Add errors, update help tree‹›||94 days ago|
|📂 icons||resized, lighter blue tones‹›||369 days ago|
|📂 off||Add more languages ('le continental submenus)‹›||98 days ago|
|📂 pkg-desc||move license text to pkg-desc/‹›||355 days ago|
|📂 pythonpath||Add langdetect as dependency/bundle (used by mymemory)‹›||94 days ago|
|📄 Addons.xcu||support all 4 new Deep-Translate backends, still needs some rework to‹›||0 days ago|
|📄 Makefile||Split out/optionalize version tool, note on Shift+F1 debugging‹›||0 days ago|
|📄 NEWS||More error notes and changed MyMemory behaviour.‹›||92 days ago|
|📄 OptionsDialog.xcu||AOO compat. OptionsDialog XCU requires leaf name to equal handler ID.‹›||348 days ago|
|📄 OptionsDialog.xdl||support all 4 new Deep-Translate backends, still needs some rework to‹›||0 days ago|
|📄 OptionsSchema.xcs||Rework config dialog to use dropdown/listbox for selecting service. C‹›||0 days ago|
|📄 description.xml||support all 4 new Deep-Translate backends, still needs some rework to‹›||0 days ago|
|📄 pagetranslate.py||support all 4 new Deep-Translate backends, still needs some rework to‹›||0 days ago|
OpenOffice/LibreOffice extension that translates whole documents, whilst retaining some formatting.
- Iterates over paragraphs / text segments / and tables (only linebreaks kept)
- Utilizes Google translate (or DeepL, Microsoft Translate, MyMemory).
- And is therefore rather slow.
(Writer freezes during process for long documents!)
- Still allows for text-selection mode translation (from original extension).
Download the package file, and import it in LibreOffice via Tools → Extension Manager → Add.
|Source repository||Newest package, Linux-only package, no python dependencies||pagetranslate.oxt|
|LibreOffice Extensions||Older/stable versions, bundles python
|OpenOffice Extensions||Full releases, AOO/LO/Windows compatible (bundles
- Hit the T→ toolbar button to get entire document translated to English. Have some trust and patience for longer documents.
- The second button translates to the local/system language.
- Or select a paragraph, to get a partial translation.
- Alternatively pick a menu entry from Extras > PageTranslate.
- The →System lang entry refers to your OpenOffice/Desktop setting.
- Whereas → Paragraph locale respects the text language as set in the Writer status bar.
- A manual selection dialog is brought up by the From ➜ To 🗺 menu entry. (Best used in MyMemory mode)
- Configure options in Tools→Options→Language Settings→PageTranslate
Does not yet support anything but Writer documents. (Structure is entirely distinct for Draw/Impress).
- The plugin is also likely to crash (won't affect Writer) when encountering complex documents (embedded drawings, Calc sheets, OLE elements, etc). It's only been tested with flow text and text tables.
- Generally there's a log file in /tmp.
Not sure if the toolbar icons work at all, or if that's a bug in the Linux version of LibreOffice.
- OpenOffice support is somewhat preliminary still (albeit it's mostly Python 2.7 fallbacks and XCU variations).
- For direct content.xml translations, there's an inconvenient tool in off/. (Each office document .odt/.odc is a zip file. Extract the content.xml, apply the script, then repackage the content.xml into the .odc)
Finalize DeepL web translation mode (for testing really).The API mode is untested, but likely faster because longer paragraphs can be translated at once. And reportedly it yields smoother/more natural translations. (No XML block translation yet.) Unfortunately not sure yet how to bundle
Nor how to craft an options/settings page. Support for TextFrames
- Figure out if getText() provides for some XML serialization,
or how to traverse Paragraphs piece by piece (super slow mode: retain more formatting).